ReThink Innovation of Storage
The light bulb. The car. The telephone. All of these inventions had profound impacts on the world and people’s lives. So what’s next? Natural Human-Machine interfaces, autonomous car, artificial intelligence will bringing yet another wave of invention that will shift the trajectory of society in stunning and positive ways. These systems require instant, ubiquitous access to Data.Data is becoming the “New Air”, wherever, whenever, always available. But to make Data truly ubiquitous, inventors have to rethink the status quo. New technologies are needed to architect systems with no latency, high energy efficiency, high capacity and screaming fast performance. That’s where Crossbar ReRAM comes in.
Crossbar was founded in 2010 to commercialize a radically different approach to non-volatile memory called ReRAM. A unique memory technology that can be integrated inside a system-on-chip or produced as a standalone memory chip, Crossbar ReRAM is playing an important role in enabling this new world.
ReRAM makes tightly integrated compute/storage subsystems possible, freeing designers from the traditional bus-based storage architectures.
With ReRAM, designers can create entirely new subsystems from “persistent computing” where integrated data pods never shut down to “smart memory” that learns from every interaction, and autonomously retrieves, filters, computes data without the intervention of the CPU.
Crossbar ReRAM is now ready at 40nm and is moving to 28nm, enabling even higher density and more tightly integrated devices. Crossbar licenses its technology to SoC and memory companies as off-the-shelf or custom IP cores. Crossbar is also actively growing its ecosystem of hardware and software partners to help rethink how new ReRAM-centric architectures can usher in the next wave of world transformation.
- Founded in 2010, headquartered in Santa Clara, California
- Leader in patented filament-based non-volatile ReRAM technology
- IP cores licensed for 40nm ready
- 28nm and below process node IP cores under development
- Licensed embedded memory IPs forSoC, MCU, FPGA from Kbytes, Mbytes to Gbytes
- Licensed storage memory IPs for standalone memory chips from Mbytes, Gbytes to Terabytes.
- 290 patents are filed, with 145 patents already issued.
- Collaborative engagements in process to develop custom, ReRAM centric architectures
- Investors: Artiman, CBC-Capital, Correlation Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Korea Investment Partners, Northern Light, Oriza Holdings, SAIF Partners, Tao Invest, Tyche Partners, University of Michigan
- Proven scalability below 10nm process node
- 100x lower read latency, 20x better energy efficiency and 1000x faster write performance than NAND Flash
- No erase needed, bit/byte level overwrite capability
- Manufactured on standard CMOS production lines
- Capacities of 1TB/chip and more possible